niedziela, 9 marca 2014

A March weekend in Berlin p. 3


Charlottenburg 

Palace


I decided on a minimalistic program on Sunday. The place that I stayed at was close to Schloss Charlottenburg and the weather was great, so I took my camera and my Kindle and went there.




I was quite surprised that the palace, which looks so genuine had to be reconstructed after the war. Charlottenburg seems so calm and peaceful now and the war so far away.



Park

My pocket guide pointed out that the park is a partly in a geometric clean cut French style and partly in English "natural" style. My attention, however, was attracted to birds, which clearly showed to everyone willing to watch and listen that the spring really came.











People

The clean paths of the park were frequented by bikers, joggers or people savoring the morning walk.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz